Oh my god, this is so narcissistic. I'm so sorry. All I wanted was a place to write about my ridiculous and poorly-thought-out travel adventures so that my parents would know I'm still alive when I go places, and it turned into this, and I don't even know anymore. Hi mum and dad. Still not dead yet. #lifegoals
WHY THIS BLOG actually EXISTS, though
So, TBH, I've become real tired of people continually expressing shock and horror at the idea of my backpacking and travelling solo, all because I'm female. It's like, it's 2017, get with the times, I can vote and not get cholera anymore, why CAN'T I travel by myself and have boobs at the same time? But so many wonderful, brave, smart women I know are still told by literally everyone that it's too dangerous; too risky; too murderey to backpack without a Trusty-Yet-Burly Male Companion. So, one of the main reasons I started this blog was to say: fuck that. I'm gonna share funny stories and anecdotes and tips and hopefully inspire my fellow ladies to travel and adventure by themselves, whether it's at home or abroad.
Also, because I just really wanted to start stretching my travel writing muscles. It's been something I've wanted to try for ages, so YOLO and all that.
Things you'll find in this blog:
- Delightful and hopefully amusing tales about travelling solo; AND especially travelling solo as a woman, because #yasssladies let's do it up.
- Tips and fun facts about backpacking by yourself and not getting abducted and haggled for various goods and livestock.
- How to have a hella good time even if you don't know where you'll be sleeping the next day, or how you're getting there.
Things you definitely won't find in this blog:
- How to plan ahead effectively like a good adulting adult.
- How to budget properly because GOD let's not even go there.
- How to defend yourselves from sheep. Don't even try. They will always have the upper hand.